Benefits from this mod:
- More direct steering
Tools needed :
- 14mm & 10mm socket
1. Start with the driver side (more difficult) and remove the two 14mm bolts on the U shaped bracket.
2. Now remove the 10mm bolt from the bracket holding both lines on the passenger side.
3. Next bend the 2 power steering lines down a bit (carefully!) and remove the passenger side U bracket bolts (14mm). Remove stock driver side bushing.
4. Next grease up the inside and outside of the new urethane driver side bushing. You will have to push/wiggle it in while also wiggling the steering rack. Use the flat screw driver to help and pull the rack down a bit with the breaker bar on the main shaft.
5. Remove the passenger side stock bushing and apply grease to the new one and install. Torque U brackets to 44 lb-ft and reinstall power steering brace/bracket.
|© Visionary Racing 2002-2004 All Rights Reserved|